"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, April 19, 2010

Opportunity

There is a church marquee that we pass by regularly, and a few weeks ago they had the following quote on display.

"Opportunity is often times disguised as work."

How many times have you heard someone, or yourself, make excuses for not being able to lose weight.
  • I can't get to a gym, or find time to exercise.
  • I can afford fresh and/or healthy foods.
  • It's to hard to cook healthy for me AND my family.
The list goes on and on. I know that many times I was looking for the perfect situation or opportunity to lose weight. Many times I felt I wasn't in the prime place to start a weight loss journey. But really the prime opportunity I was looking for to make weight loss easy was disguised as work.

  • It was going to take some work and planning to fit in exercise.
  • It was going to take some work and planning to fit purchasing healthier foods into my budget.
  • I had to be creative to figure out how to fit healthier foods into my diet and cook things my family liked.
As I've begun to do the work necessary to make this weight loss journey a success I'm seeing that the opportunity was always there. However, as the quote above said, it was simply disguised as work and I was really just too lazy to make it happen.

5 comments:

  1. Ouch! So true! Back to work, I guess... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder weight loss takes work both on the exercise, and food puchasing and cooking front well said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that quote. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a inspirational quote and one that holds so much truth. Almost everything in life that is worth achieving takes work. Sometimes we are afraid to do the work - I'm so glad that you are seizing this time in your life to make a difference for yourself and your family.

    ReplyDelete