"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Non-Negotiable

I'm liking this term today. It's a common thought that kept coming through the comments yesterday after I posted about having a hard time getting up early to workout in the mornings.

Dictionary.com had this to say about the word non-negotiable:

Non-Negotiable definition


1. A term relating to the price of a good or security which is firmly established and cannot be adjusted.


"...firmly established and cannot be adjusted."

That is what I am going to strive to make my morning workouts. I will work towards making them firmly established parts of my day that cannot be adjusted.

In fact, I've already worked on it. Today I got up at 5:45 to workout early. As my alarm went off at 5:30 am I thought, "This is non-negotiable. I will get up and workout." It took me a few minutes, but I did get up and I completed a Leslie Sansone 2-mile walk DVD for 30 minutes.

Now if I can just get me an elliptical machine or treadmill to use at home I'd be one spoiled woman!! :) That's only because I don't feel like jogging outside where it's windy, but that's another topic for another time.

In the meantime I will close up today by thanking everyone for sharing your words of wisdom and encouragement on this new challenge in my weight loss journey. I appreciate it!!


p.s. When I get a spare minute I have another post about how falling back into bad habits while working probably had more to do with my gain last week than TOM, because that chocolate junk hit me over the weekend and I'm still waiting for it to arrive.... More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment