"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, March 18, 2011

Fish Week - Friday

Friday's Dinner:
Grilled Salmon and Swai fillets with Cajun Seasoning
Seasoned Grilled Vegetables
Yellow Rice

Family's Opinion: Wonderful! Awesome! Yummy! We've eaten veggies grilled like this plenty of times, as kabobs, and they are always a hit.

My plate held 1 1/2 oz. salmon, 2 1/4 oz swai fish, 4 3/4 oz vegetables and 1/4 cup rice for approximately 225 calories. The calories almost seem too good to be true, but I know cutting the rice to half of what I had on Monday and eating grilled veggies can be very light. I was plenty satisfied with this plate of food.

Tonight's meal was grilled by my own wonderful husband. He took care of it from beginning to end. I simply made more of the rice I made on Monday night and made sure the table was set and plates were made up. He is an awesome grill chef and loves to do it.

We all agreed that Fish Week was a hit and we will definitely be adding more fish into our diet. Now we are going to try different kinds of fish and some scallops too.

Favorites:
  • Twin A - Tonight's grilled fish and veggies, with the tacos coming in at a close second.
  • Twin B - Fish Tacos
  • Son - Today's Grilled meal.
  • Husband loved all of them.
  • I loved the ceviche and tacos the best.
RECIPES
Grilled Swai & Salmon Fillets
by my husband
The fish was sprinkled with a Cajun Seasoning we bought from a local vendor at the swap meet and then set to marinate in a dish until time to grill. They were grilled on cedar planks that had been soaking in water since this morning.

Grilled Vegetables
by my husband
I didn't watch him from the beginning to get amounts, but here's an idea of what he did.
  • Zucchini, cut into thick slices
  • Yellow Squash, cut into thick slices
  • Pearl onions, peeled of their skins and left whole
  • Red & Green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
  • Asparagus
  • Garlic powder
  • Onion powder
  • Season Salt
  • Pepper
Rinse and pat dry all vegetables. Spray with Pam or lightly mist with oil. Toss all but asparagus with seasonings to your tastes.

Skewer all but asparagus in a variety of patterns onto kabob skewers and take all vegetables out to grill.

The asparagus cooked quickly, but the kabobs took a little longer. Grill to desired doneness. If they get cold while your meat is cooking (as ours did tonight) put vegetables onto a microwave-safe dish and heat up for about 30 seconds on high.

by McCormick off the Turmeric Canister
I omitted the peas from this for our meal.

I want you to know that I apologize for the bad quality of photos (yellow tinge). I have mainly florescent lighting and no cool light box like Lori. :) Someday....

In the meantime, I really enjoyed this little venture of ours and hope you enjoyed reading about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment