"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Good Day at the Gym

Hello! It seems like forever since I've blogged, so here I am.

It finally showed up, and in a rare moment of insanity I was very glad. LOL Now that I've started the emotions are calming down and I'm feeling more like my normal weight-losing self. :)

I also made it back to the gym today for a run and 30 minutes on the bike. It was a very hard, but after not having done a heavy workout in almost two weeks I wasn't surprised. I've done Walk At Home DVDs, but nothing more intense. Funny how just two weeks can have that kind of effect on a body.

Speaking of workouts, while I was riding the incumbent bike at the gym today I saw a heavyset girl jogging on a treadmill in front of me. She was probably a little larger than me at my highest weight and she was doing a great job with intervals of walking and jogging. As she got off the treadmill and turned towards me I gave her a big smile with a thumbs up and said, "You're doing AWESOME!" She grinned, a bit embarrassed and thanked me.

When I ran my first 5K in 43:44, feeling silly as I chugged on, I was cheered on by those around me. While I felt silly jogging so slow I so appreciated the encouragement. Today I paid that forward and it felt just as good to encourage as it did to receive encouragement.

Yes, it was a good day at the gym today! :)

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog (The background and title are beautiful!) What I wouldn't give to have someone cheer me on like that at the gym!! It was awesome for you to do so!

    Jodie (www.biggerthanababyelephant.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete