"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, March 25, 2011

Weigh-In ... A New Week


Today's Weight: 181 . 5
Loss/Gain: + 0 . 5
Total Loss So Far: - 49 . 5 lbs.

Last night as I lay in bed I kept thinking, I just want to weigh tomorrow and get this week over weight. I've had a good week in life, but I knew my weight was going to be up. I feel more like, "Oh well, this is life."

I've been sort of PMS all week, not as much emotional, but more like just not myself in the eating department. However, what has bugged me most...*TMI Warning* ... is I've spotted mostly this week and haven't "started" yet.

I feel like, "Could we please just get on with it already, so I can go back to my normal self?" sheesh. I'm grateful my gain wasn't any more than this, and I'll be more grateful when it finally shows up for real. Oh, the joys of womanhood and getting older. I'm thinking these are things I need to make notes of for the GYN, because it's not the first time this has happened the week before. And pardon MORE TMI...but I have it for a full 7-day duration, so prolonging things is frustrating.

However, outside of that who female issue and how it's affected some of my food choices I can say that I have exercised this week. I've been super busy with good, happy stuff, but I've gotten in a walk three days so far and will walk again today - even though I didn't want to two out of those three days so far. I told my mom, I didn't want to get into the habit of skipping exercise because I get a little busy, so even a 30-minute walk was better than nothing.

So, to sum it up.... I'm not upset about this little gain. It's life and TGIF today means for me it's the beginning of a new week in my weight loss journey, where I can get back on track and see that scale move back down.

I'd love to break 180 this week, but we'll see. This is a lifelong change and I'm so glad to still be down and having not quit after all this time.

Oh, and here's a little something to put a smile on your face...we're having a "baby shower" for our church's nursery - to replace old broken toys with some newer ones. So, I made a card to go with my gift. The little smiling stick kid drawings on this card always make me smile when I use them in digi scrapping. Hope they make you smile too! :)


Card made using mostly items from Giggle Box kit at Shabby Princess.


1 comment:

  1. Leah on those days that you don't have the "time" to excercize do a 15 min interval. One min. jumping jacks, one min. walk in place. I use some of the 30 day shred cardio for my intervals. Then u get a nice quick workout still.

    ReplyDelete