"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, March 11, 2011

Weigh-In ... Contentedly Happy

Today's Weight: 182.5
Loss/Gain: - 2.0
Total Loss So Far: - 48.5 lbs.

Last week I said that you get what you pay for. It goes both ways, doesn't it? This week I was focused and got what I paid for. I feel a sort of contented happiness today. I'm learning to be content with the food my body needs and I'm happy to see a lighter weight Leah emerge.

I've taken some time over the past couple of weeks to take my food issues before God in prayer once again. Some day I'll post more about that part of the journey, but for today suffice it to say today I know he has heard my prayers.

I'm so grateful to God for his mercy that endures forever. My weight loss journey is about so much more than losing a few pounds, it's about a deliverance from a food addiction. It's a slower journey, but it's a life changing one that I know will only lead to a more disciplined and emotionally strong Leah. Being thin and fit will simply be the icing on the cake! (pardon the phrase. LOL )

2 comments:

  1. YES! I was just telling someone today that this journey is about so much more than the actual food and exercise. My emotions and heart attitude about food are the much bigger issue! Someone might say, "Oh, it's just one cookie", but for me it's about me being able to say no to that one cookie. Have a blessed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on an awesome week!

    Love the updated site - spring is so close!

    ReplyDelete