"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fish Week - Wednesday


First off...did I mention it is Spring Break for us this week? Yes, so things got a little hectic and busy from Wednesday night until this morning and thus the reason I'm just now posting two days of dinners.... Thank you for your patience.

Dinner Wednesday night was:
Fish Tacos
Family's Opinion: Wonderful!! My son said, "Magnificent!" Then he says, "Who's idea was it to do fish week anyway? It's a great idea!!" :) Yes, these tacos were THAT good. As some friends of our would say, they were the bomb. O. M. G.


My plate held two corn tortillas with 2 oz. of fish in each, less than 1 oz. of shredded cabbage, approx 2 tsp. crema (one on each) and the juice from two key limes. This is a salad plate, so it looks fuller. It was approximately 275-300 calories for both. And so good (and low-cal) I ended up having just one more...

RECIPE
by Alton Brown on The Food Network

I followed the recipe exactly with the exception of two things:
  1. I used some Swai fish fillets we already had on hand (out of a bag of frozen fillets we bought at Wal-Mart) instead of tilapia.
  2. I used corn tortillas instead of flour. My husband is mexican and they don't serve fish tacos on flour tortillas. Plus, corn is always less calories than flour, so I was very happy to substitute.
This is a recipe we will most definitely make again. The marinade for the fish was awesome and you only need to marinate it for about 20 minutes. I had leftover marinade and added more fish to it to freeze and use again soon.

With temperatures rising soon, this will be a perfect fresh and light meal we will be having again!

No comments:

Post a Comment