"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Running NSV

I had a major running non-scale victory today. I jogged at 5.0 mph (a 12:00 min mile) for 25 minutes straight through. My new personal best for two miles is 24:00 minutes. Woo Hoo!!!

Somehow I got it in my head to start running at 5.0 mph, which is the highest I run at for intervals on the treadmill. It was going fine and when I knew I could keep going past five minutes I went ahead and kept going.

I soon realized I could probably make it to twenty minutes. As that neared I knew I could do a bit more, so I told myself 2 miles or 25 minutes. I hit two miles at 24:00 and decided to stick out that last, hard minute just because I could.

I think I could've ran the entire 30 minutes at 5.0, but I was so done at 25 minutes and didn't feel like pushing through those last five minutes. I know it was only five minutes, but it was already getting hard and I was content to stop and be pleased with how good I did.

Allergies have been bothering me like crazy lately and I still had the bike to do for 30 minutes. So, I started a cool down jog for the last five minutes and marveled at how just a year ago I was doing the Couch to 5K program and being thrilled to "run" at 4.0 mph for a full 30 minutes.

It was a great workout today! Now I'm off to bed...to rest these weary legs. :)

1 comment: