"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

5 . 0 Girl

Monday I ran for the third time in the past week. It was easier than last week, but still hard. Getting started was rough, rougher than I remembered it being before this past week. I told myself that I could maybe walk after I reached a mile (12:00 mins), but then I told myself, "No, shoot for the entire two miles before you walk. You can walk after you've ran for two miles."

So, I committed to that. I wouldn't walk until I hit 2.0 miles.

It was still rough at times, and finally I had to remind myself, "Leah, you were getting to the point that running 2 miles at a 12:00 minute pace was doable, and almost enjoyable. In fact, you were starting to add one-minute intervals at 5.2 mph. YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU ARE A 5.0 mph GIRL NOW."

Yes, when I wanted to slow down my pace I had to remember that I'm not a 4.2 mph girl or a 4.8 mph girl, I am a 5 . 0 mph (12:00 min mile) girl now, and I can do this for two straight miles.

And I did.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed. Arty and I have been running/walking together and I'm starting to like running a little more than I used too. I am very very slow....

    ReplyDelete