"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, April 18, 2011

Never Going Back to Okay

It's been rough getting back on track with my weight loss, but today I...
  • exercised for 45 minutes and had the sweat to prove it.
  • Drank some water (didn't quite hit 64 oz, but got close.)
  • Tracked most of my food, not all because of below...
  • Ate until satisfied at a birthday party this evening, even though I desperately wanted to go back for more. I didn't allow myself, because I knew I'd had enough and I felt better for it. I wasn't stuffed at all when we left to come home.
Victory!

Also, I want to share a song that one of my daughters bought for her iPod. The beauty of iTunes is that I was able to put this on my iPod as well and now I love to run to it.

It reminds me that no matter how frustrating or hard this journey gets I'm never going back to okay, never going back to easy. This is my new ending, not my same-old-weight-loss-failure story.


G'nite!

2 comments:

  1. Cool song! Thanks - it is a very catchy tune!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a line in the song that struck a chord for me (pun not intentional):
    "I feel alive again and it hurts for a change."

    I think of all the binge eating I used to do to keep from feeling. Overeating and binging isn't about the food for me, it was about trying to numb myself. The sad part was, everything was numb. By not binging anymore, I've had to face the feelings and deal with them. I do feel more alive -- yeah, it hurts for a change, but there's also more joy.

    Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete