"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Step Away From Snacking

Snacking lately has been a problem for me, and so I'm not bouncing back into my new normal as well as I would've liked. sheesh.

I know what needs to happen and I'm happy to say that I'm tracking food good again. Food tracking is showing me just how much I snack. ouch.

So, that's where I'm at on this lovely, sunny Wednesday.

On a happy note...I bought two t-shirts at Kohls today that are size L ... Large. The extra larges are just too big to justify buying them new now. I still wear some of my old ones, but they are nice and loose. Yay! It's a great feeling, and actually helped me feel more like getting on track to get this weight going back down.

Now I need to remind myself of two things when I want to snack:
  1. How yucky I felt after eating too much.
  2. How wonderful it felt to buy a smaller size.
Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Snacks really can be problematic. That is always the area that I have to reign in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been having trouble with snacking too- it can be so easy to do it, when I don't use any self-control! Congrats on the smaller size. That's always a nice feeling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those 2 things to remind yourself, especially #2 and how wonderful it is to be able to buy a smaller size.

    I remember when I didn't have to shop at the "special" shops where the sizes started at a 16 or 18 and went up to a 26. It feels great being able to shop at the "regular" shops.

    I noticed in your profile that you like scrapbooking, I love it, I find it so relaxing. Hubby doesn't understand how I can spend soooo much time on 1 or 2 pages, he just doesn't have the patience I suppose. Do you have a scrapbooking blog?? I am thinking about doing one to put on the side of my weight loss one. I do follow some and I love looking at all the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY For a regular size!! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a snacker too, and I'm trying to change it my not doing it as frequently and/or by eating lower calorie snacks. I'm also tracking these days--on the WW website. I think it's helping. Congrats on the NSV of buying the size L. It's a sign of moving in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay to new, smaller sized clothes! That's great. I feel yucky when I eat too much junk too, it's our bodies way of letting us know "NOT HAPPY DOWN HERE!" Ha!

    ReplyDelete