"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, April 1, 2011

Weigh-In ... Dang It, but I Won't Give Up

Today's Weight: 183 . 0
Loss/Gain: +1 . 5
Total Loss So Far: - 48 . 0 pounds

I knew this wasn't a good week, and I wasn't expecting a loss, but still the thought that went through my head when I saw the scale was, "Dang it!" I'm a tad frustrated, but more like...well, I can't explain it. I'm not "I can't do this!" blah, blah. Just...dang it!

Plus, whether I like it or not I have to admit that I am also still very much in need of certain things in my weight loss journey, namely tracking my food.

Last night we watched this week's episode of The Biggest Loser and when two of the contestants chose not to use their trainer for the week I thought it was no big deal. When they didn't do as well at the weigh-in and linked it directly to that choice of working out on their own I still wasn't convinced it was due solely to the trainer not being with them all week.

Then I thought about my last two weeks. When I'm PMS'y I get that I-don't-care attitude, but I usually still track for the most part. Also, I may not track that larger meal I allow each week, but I still keep up with everything else. These last two weeks I didn't do that.

I haven't tracked my food in almost two weeks, and whether I like it or not I apparently need to do that to help me stay focused on what's going in my mouth. Apparently, I'm still not at a point where I am honoring the hunger signals my body gives me. Honestly, I hate to admit that, but it's the truth.

So, I am admitting my need to track my calories and committing to tracking food again. As I said yesterday, it's all about priorities and what will help me be successful. I will be successful in my weight loss journey. I will focus on my priorities. I will never give up.

Thanks for checking in and have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the gain :( But you won't give up!

    I am mad at myself that on Feb 24, when I calculated that I wouldn't be able to go to a work WW meeting until 3/31 that I threw myself a little internal party. Yes I was traveling and had my son's birthday party, but I let myself go back to a lot of bad habits during the 20+ days I wasn't traveling. never again I try to tell myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with the pms-y thing too where I just don't care. It's been a little better ... I'm afraid to say it in case I just jinxed myself. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done great so far! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything you said hits home for me, too. Just when I think I can not count my calories and I know what's best...BAM I end up going crazy with my eating. You'd think after 15 months I would be able to control myself. You've done so incredibly well so far and I know that you're going to keep pushing on past this hurdle! You've got this! :-D

    ReplyDelete