"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, April 28, 2011

More Accountability

A dear friend of mine informed me last night that she has started Weight Watchers. I've only known her for four years, but it feels like a lifetime. She has seen me at my highest and watched me slowly lose almost 50 pounds these last almost two years. She knows my struggles with food and had asked me a long time ago to be praying for her because she knew she needed to do something about her weight.

I'm so happy for her taking this big step to attempt weight loss again.

However, another thought crosses my mind...she is a very determined woman. She is one who accomplishes anything she puts her mind to. So....

...this means I'll have to be on top of my game - both to support and encourage her and because she'll show me that I really have no real excuses for not continuing to lose weight.

She's a dear and has never said anything about my food choices in the past, but now we might kind of being working together on this. Maybe. Sort of. In my own comparing-myself-to-others way.

Anyway, I'm finding it another way for me to be accountable...to a friend who will be joining me in the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment