"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, April 25, 2011

Holidays Are Still Hard

To Anyone Who Has Ever Lost Weight and Lived To Tell About It:

Have you ever wanted to whine about what horrible choices you made during a holiday or food gathering and then realized that it's the same story at every holiday? And...people are probably sick of reading that kind of stuff?

I had a nice long post on here about how I overindulged yesterday at a church potluck, yada, yada. Then I realized I sounded like a whiner and I need to quit that.

So, instead of going back into it, I'm just on here to say that I'm still learning.

For the sake of trying to encourage others, I am sorry that I'm not at my goal weight already and setting a good example for you who are struggling with weight issues. I wish I were being the best weight loss example ever (like Diane or Lori).

But I will keep working on it. I will get to a healthy weight eventually, and then will I continue practicing this maintenance that I seemed to have been so good at this last month.

1 comment:

  1. No need to apologize. I have found there are few (if any) who are perfect in this food thing...A holiday is one day. Some will argue with me, but it's all right to go a little crazy for ONE day. (even my therapist says this) It's when we go crazy for many days that it's a problem! This blog is for you to help yourself, so never feel bad about posting what may help you in your journey.

    ReplyDelete