"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, April 11, 2011

Back to Routine

My friend left last night. She got in pretty late and today I told her I felt bad that she didn't have time to rest before getting back to work this morning. She replied that she didn't mind as she was glad to get back into the routine.

I totally understand that feeling, and it's exactly how I feel today as I return to my regular weight-loss routines of tracking my food, not eating out as much and getting exercise in.

We enjoyed our week immensely, but I did find that my body was getting a little, how do I say it, sick of restaurant foods? It's the weirdest feeling, but I think I was so ready to eat lighter foods at home.

I love to cook/eat, and did cook plenty during the week, but I also took her to probably at least four local restaurants for lunches and oh maybe three that she loves and doesn't have where she lives. We enjoyed the food and conversation and I managed to maintain for the week, but my body is ready to get back to my new normal.

So today I've already been to the gym for a good, sweaty hour-long workout. I've had my light lunch and will be going to track my foods for the day when I'm done posting.

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It must be an awesome feeling to have your body craving good nutritious food and sweaty workouts This proves to you just how far you have come and how your life has changed - congratulations Leah.

    I can't wait for my body to feel this way. I will get there, one day.

    ReplyDelete