"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

If you are celebrating Independence Day and working on losing weight, then I suggest you read Diane's article on gaining independence from food at www.fittothefinish.com.  It has some very true insights.  

The last time I lost a significant amount of weight it was simply by eating when I was truly hungry and stopping when I was satisfied..and then not eating again until I was truly hungry.  At times I would get that my body only needed a smaller portion to be satisfied and lose weight, while other thin people could eat as much as they wanted without giving thought to the scales.  I had to learn to be content with my body and it's needs and not give in to its wants.  It was the only other time I felt in control of my eating; and I  did fine until I just got lazy and well lost track of things. 

Now I'm relearning that I can enjoy company, parties, etc. etc. without having to indulge in great amounts of food.  It's not always easy, in fact it can be pretty hard right now, but the small steps are paying off and there is a great feeling inside when I know I'm not dependent on food to make get togethers fun and enjoyable.  

Have a wonderful weekend!  

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th to you and your family Leah.
    I do read her blog. It really has some inspiring posts. She has come a long way and has keep it off for good. I can't wait until I hit my goal. I know that it's not going to happen overnight. Some day's I think that it will never happen therefore I must push on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention! You know I got up this morning thinking about Independence Day, and I realized I wasn't dependent on food anymore. You are doing great, and sound like your thoughts and attitudes towards food are shifting in the right direction! Great job!

    ReplyDelete