"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Weigh-In ... Not surprised

Today's weight:  225.0
Loss/gain this week:  + 1.0
Total loss so far:  - 6 lbs.

In all honesty I wasn't surprised about this gain considering the past week; and last night I really didn't care what the scale was going to say.  I didn't pig out on anything, but I do know where I ate a little too much of high-fat-content foods.

Some non-scale positives are that I stayed faithful to exercising every day, even when I didn't feel like it, and I also stayed away from regular soda this week for the first time in a long while.  I opted for diet when I felt I really wanted a soda.  That's a big step, because it seems I've been drinking regular soda for so long now. 

I know I can't make excuses for myself going up and down and up and down, so I won't try.   I really have no desire to be on a strict diet, but I am realizing that in order to lose the weight I'm going to have to be a little more careful about my food choices.  I have the knowledge I need to make it work.  Now I just need to stick to it and get it done.   

2 comments:

  1. Leah, don't drink diet or use any arifical sweetners. They are not good of you. They are hard on your body and hard for it to digest!
    If your going to have a pepsi have a pepsi but only allow yourself to have 1 a week. The natural sugar is actually better for you. Your body can digest it a lot better.

    It's good that you are keeping up on your exercise. You are going to be healthy. Keep it up Leah!! Your going great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah - I really think that you are almost there in your mind. In my weight loss class when someone is totally "there" with the head knowledge, a lot of times what helps them is to track what they are eating. If you haven't already, it might be a good idea to find out how many calories you should be eating, and track them for a few days. I didn't count calories as a rule, but occasionally I did to see where I was. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete