"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Weigh In ... Payoff

Today's Weight: 219.0
Loss/Gain this week:  -6.0
Total Loss So Far:  - 12.0

Last Monday I finally decided that I needed to adjust my eating habits if I'm going to lose the weight.  I've gotten myself into a pretty good exercise regimen and, though I was fighting it with most everything in me, I knew I had to change how I was eating in order to see steady weight loss.  

I decided I would journal what I was eating and stop eating late at night (unless it was a small light snack).

Diane suggested utilizing sparkpeople.com, so I joined them this week to use their food tracking tools. It really helped me to track everything and I found myself being more careful about my choices.  It keeps a running total of your calories, fats, carbs and proteins for the day.  Their calorie "limit" for me seemed low, so I usually went over it by just a bit, but I think that was a quick start thing or something.  Like I said, I'm only really using the site for a quick, easy FREE way to track my food. 

Back to the subject....

Well, it paid off!  I know this is a large loss, but I feel like it was the first real week of working on my weight loss.  It was the first week that I watched what I was eating with the serious attitude of reaching a healthier weight.   

I don't expect this large of a loss in the weeks to come, but I tell you that it is a thrill to know I've finally loss my first 10 pounds, and I'm out of the 220's.  :)  

1 comment:

  1. Wow Leah, 6lbs in 1 week? That is GREAT!! I am trying to lose 8lbs before the kid's go back to school on Aug.10th. I'm so happy for you!!
    You go girl!! Power on sister.

    Congrats!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete