"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hard Work

My husband is making the kids do some pages in math workbooks throughout the summer so that they don't forget what they've already learned.  It seems harsh (to me), but it's good because they always have a hard time remembering multiplication and figuring out word problems.  

So, my 8-year-old son just came to me and told me that something was "too hard".  As we chatted I began to tell him how in just a year he'll know this stuff so well that he'll look back and think how easy it is.  I encouraged him that he'll be so smart!!  I told him how it may seem hard right now, but he'll get it and it will be worth all the hard work.  

Suddenly I realized that I was preaching to myself.  It may seem hard now to cut out certain foods and calories, but in the end it will be worth it.   Just like my kids' hard work in school will pay off so will my hard work on losing weight.   

It may not get easier with time for me, but it might; and whether it does or not I will look back on these heavier days and see that hard work really did pay off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment