"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, August 31, 2009

Breaking My Weekend Mentality

For years the words "weekend" and "diet" have never been used at the same time in my vocabulary. I may have been losing weight, but the weekends were always "free time" to eat as I pleased.

Not lately.

I think this is the second weekend in a row that I've eaten like it was during the week and not felt myself slip into this weekend mentality. The schedules are still a little off and I still have my larger meal on Sunday afternoons and then hardly anything else the rest of the day, but... I am finding myself thinking differently about it all. If I have that larger meal and I'm not truly hungry until much later then I don't eat until I'm hungry again.

It's weird and it's foreign, but I'm liking it. :) These are the little changes that I know have to happen to make this weight loss journey a permanent life changing experience and not just the means to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment