"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Weigh-In ... Slowly, but surely.

Today's Weight: 214.5
Loss/Gain: -2.0 lbs
Total Loss So Far: -16.5 lbs

Yes, I was thrilled with today's loss. I knew of some things I think I should've done a little differently this week, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I can finally say that I've lost 15 pounds..well, actually 16 1/2 pounds. :) This means I'm 3.5 pounds away from 20 and I'm excited about that as well.

Here's my deep thought for this week's loss....
I like to cross stitch and am currently working on the first of two pieces that will be gifts for my niece and nephew for Christmas. As I was stitching the other night the thought crossed my mind that my weight loss journey is like a cross stitch project. I work on the cross stitch in my free time, so it's getting done in little bits and pieces. Right now it doesn't look like anything special, but the more work I put into it the more the final picture will begin to take shape. Eventually I will be done with it, get it framed and it will be a finished piece of work that will hopefully bring joy to the recipients.

This is how my weight loss journey seems to be. Little by little I am learning about making better choices, listening to my body and losing weight slowly, but surely. Eventually all the hard work will pay off and come together to make the nice picture that will be my own personal story of weight loss and how I reached my goal. And just like I will walk by that cross stitch and remember the hard work that went into making it, I will look back with joy at old photos and remember the hard work that went into reaching my healthy weight.

Though it may be slow going at times, both projects will be so worth it in the end!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the loss! Also, great analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true! Plus, cross stitch doesn't look like much at first, but the more stitches you lay down the better it looks, and then you can see the whole picture!

    Great job on the loss Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome loss, Leah! And I agree - that is the perfect analogy! Keep up the great work - your masterpiece awaits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice comparison! When you make that connection -- that little-by-little adds up to a lot -- you're on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that illustration and how true it is. Sometimes long and slow, but progress all the same! WTG on the loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Congrats. Keep up the great work.

    Happy Monday. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete