"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, August 31, 2009

Lifted Spirits

Yesterday I wore a brand new outfit to church. It was made up of a skirt I received for my birthday that was too snug and the white, button-up, petite blouse I mentioned in a post last week. I was thrilled because they were in the 18w size and not a tight 20w.

As I was putting my jewelry on I told my husband that when I was gaining the weight back I lost after I had my youngest I remember feeling so fat when I wore an 18. Yet here I was feeling like a queen because I could fit back into an 18w again!

As I went to church I also felt so good about myself because my clothes are not only fitting better, but getting smaller. I felt strong and capable. I am finally seeing that I can control myself and lose this weight. I haven't really had anyone comment on my weight loss that doesn't already know I'm working on it, and I don't expect it yet, but just knowing that I've kept going down on the scale lifts my spirits.

I know I can do this. Little by little the weight is coming off and little by little I'm gaining the confidence in myself to think I can actually reach my final goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment