"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Jogging NSV


Tuesday I jogged a mile in 12:56. This is a personal record for me.

I also jogged for 30 minutes straight and the majority of the time my pace was 4.7 mph. I slowed to 4.5 for a bit and that was wonderful. "Slowing" to what used to be my fastest pace was a wonderful feeling.

WHEE!!!

Today I was having moments of wondering if I'll ever lose the weight, so I decided to remind myself of the awesome, VERY HARD, yet spirit lifting jog I had yesterday that also lead me to a non-scale victory in my weight loss journey.

It's truly a BIG victory for me to be sure and I shall dwell on it in those "will I ever??" moments this week, because I can honestly say that I never thought I'd see the day I'd jog for 30 minutes straight. :)

4 comments:

  1. Great job Leah! Sometimes it is the victories like this that propel us to the next stages in our lives. I loved reading how you slowed to what used to be your fastest pace. If that doesn't show progress, what does?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Awesome job. It is always nice to remember that even when the scale isn't moving as quickly as we'd like we can still make and accomplish other goals that have nothing to do with the scale. Great NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really fast Leah! I'm so impressed. Go girl!!

    I hope you are doing well and that your mom and brother are doing okay. Thinking about you. :)

    ReplyDelete