"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, September 24, 2010

Weigh-In ... Beck Diet Solution Week 6

Today's Weight: 194.0
Loss/Gain: -1.5
Total Loss So Far: -37.0 lbs

First off, you know I'm beyond thrilled with a loss again. This is the lowest I've been on my weight loss journey to date, and I think it's been about 4-5 years since I've been this close to 190. Woo Hoo!!

This week instead of weighing myself every day I only weighed myself two or three times. I wanted to see if not weighing myself daily would make me pay more attention to what I was eating and writing down instead of seeing if a mess up made the scale go up the next day. I think it helped a little, so I'm going to continue that this next week.

Now, on to the deeper thought I wanted to share today.


On Saturday, August 14th, I recommitted myself to my weight loss journey. If you're new to my blog you can read about it by clicking here. Below is the list of tools I committed to using to commit to my weight loss journey once again.
  1. I have decided to follow the six-week program from this book "The Beck Diet Solution". CHECK
  2. I will journal all of my food, drinks, supplements and exercise in the DietMinder food planner. CHECK
  3. I will use my iPod touch to help me find calorie counts, calculate things, etc. CHECK
  4. And I "had" to have a cool, new pink (breast cancer supporting) lead pencil to write in the book and food planner. :) CHECK and I think it really made it more fun to journal, well maybe. I'm into cute pens and such. (giggle)
On August 14th I was 200.0 pounds.

Today, six weeks later, I am 194.0 pounds.

I have lost 6.0 pounds since my recommitment. That is an average of 1.0 pound a week and I am very pleased.

Over the course of the past six weeks I have learned a lot of cognitive therapy, or thinking, tools to help me in my weight loss journey. I've learned so much that I think I am not going to stop with it here. I am going to continue reading it each week, but sticking to reviewing one or two concepts per week as I continue on my weight loss journey.

To sum it up:

  • I will focus on the concepts that were a little harder to grasp in one day and give myself a week to work on them.
  • I will continue to journal all of my food.
  • I will continue to use my iPod touch to find calorie information, etc.
  • I will continue to use cool, pink lead pencil!
And last, but definitely not least......

  • I WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE WEIGHT!
Have a great weekend everyone! I will. :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Leah! You are doing fantastic and making good, consistent changes that will help you for the rest of your life :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Leah! You WILL lose the weight you want to and I rejoice with you.

    lots of love,
    MOMa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Leah. I'm hear to check on your goals for the Hot 100 Challenge and I'm glad you have joined as well. I'm looking forward to supporting you over the next 100 days. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I weight in twice a month except once in a while I'll sneek a peek. When I do my twice a month weigh in I do it two days in a row just to get an acurate weight (according to Charlie).
    Keep up the great work. I'll be back to check in on you.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slow and steady wins the race. We all know losing steadily is the healthiest and safest way to lose. Good for you! This is the true way to make life long progress in the battle against obesity. Found you through the Hot 100 and will be checking in again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete