"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New Socks!!

Early in the summer I bought these nice, thin, low cut socks to wear with my tennis. They seem so fresh and light and I loved them. Then I started jogging again and began having a problem. My foot was seeming to slide in my tennis shoe. Hhhmm....weird. I would tighten the laces, but then my shoes felt too tight.

So, I asked my new running friend if she had a sock preference and she said she's found that Academy actually has some good socks to offer, for a general sports store. Now, I know Tricia has the best information I've come across on running wear, but for now I need to settle for something that isn't $10-$15 a pair.
I went to Academy, bought a 3-pack and jogged with them last week for the first time. They are so comfortable! I love how they are just thick enough to keep my foot fit snug in my shoe, but thin enough to be light and airy. I've loved them so much for all of my workouts last week (there were 3 pairs a pack) that I went back and bought more yesterday.

Someday when/if I'm jogging miles and miles regularly I may invest in "real" running socks, but for now I'm very, happy with these. Goodness.. the the fact that I bought special socks, "real" or not, makes me feel like a real runner already. [grin]

4 comments:

  1. I am catching up on you!!! It has been weeks since I could open your blog up, I didn't know it was as easy as downloading a new web browser.

    You are doing great, six pounds in 6 weeks is amazing!!!

    I missed you and I am glad I can read your blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what makes them "not real", if they work, they're real enough for me. congrats on the running and the new socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother is a runner. Fairly new and I was shocked to find out that there were special runners socks. I had no idea! Glad you found some inexpensive ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't think about how socks could make a difference. It makes sense.

    I guess like anything, we need the right equipment and tools for the job.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete