"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, September 3, 2010

Weigh-In ... Beck Diet Solution Week 3

Today's Weight: 198.0
Loss/Gain: +1.0 lb
Total Loss So Far: -33 lbs.

I am not surprised with this gain and decided not to let it bother me. I am down from earlier in the week, so I'm pleased with that. The brownies are gone and I am leaning towards deciding that I really can't eat any of those right now, because even one bite leads to a binge of sorts for me.

I'm already feeling back on track and grateful that I didn't gain more during TOM.

As for what I've learned from The Beck Diet Solution this past week...

  • Quit fooling yourself! Yes, that would be me...I've fooled myself many times into think that just one bite is okay, or I can lose the weight and still eat anything I want whenever I want. I've even fooled myself into believing at times that I can't lose weight. This was a good wake-up call for me.
  • No Choice. To prevent unplanned eating (snacking while cooking or out of boredom, desserts brought to work or a function that I didn't make room for in my calorie budget, etc.) I need to remind myself that I don't have a choice in the matter. I will make a set of food rules and then stick to them. Sticking to those rules will help me not have to deal with "Should I or shouldn't I?" or "Maybe just a small piece.." etc. I will remind myself, "No, this goes against your rules for losing weight, so not today." and then walk away.

Am I putting these things all into practice already? Kind of. :) I'll be honest that I am still working on my rules and I haven't ruled out any foods completely yet, though brownies are sure taking the #1 spot right now. My main rule is to stay within my calorie budget daily and get at least 3-4 days of exercise in a week.

I might set up some more strict rules in the future, but this wasn't the week to do so. :) This week I did well to read my Beck book daily and follow the prompts, journal all of my food and get some exercise in. Sticking to those basic things helped my week go from worse to better, so I'm grateful for that.

As I finish up here I'm reminded of the little train who could, "I think I can. I think I can. " Here's to a nice weekend wherever you are and another week of losing ahead for me. :)

6 comments:

  1. I tagged you in a game on my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling back on track. Hope you're having a good weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rules and boundaries are helpful in all areas of life, by nature we need them...that is my experience anyway!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Leah. I like the lessons you wrote about, because they really are just real life weight loss and maintenance. No tricks - just practical advice that works!

    We've got some chocolate cookies around the house that must go now or I may eat one or five!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to remind myself often to quit fooling myself! Now that the weather is much more enjoyable, I'm starting over with the couch to 5k. I thought with this weekend being labor day weekend it would be much harder, but it actually wasn't! I got the family out of the house and we all walked/hiked a lot, and I got a good run in.
    here's to the fall season and staying on track :)

    ReplyDelete