"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, August 13, 2011

C25K - Week 2 Day 3

I completed week two of the Couch to 5K program this morning. This week was rotating 60 seconds walking/60 seconds jogging for 20 minutes. My jogging pace averages between 10:30-11:00 min mile pace. I am loving my Garmin so it can show me these things. :)

I'd like to sign up for a race this fall, but for now I'm going to content myself with simply getting back into running. If I can complete a 5K (3 . 1 miles) at an 11:00 minute mile pace I'll be thrilled. Even an 11:30/12:00 minute pace would be cool, because the fastest I've ever been so far is to run at an 12:00 minute mile pace for 25 minutes..on a treadmill.

I mention the part about the treadmill because I am now doing all my running outside in my own neighborhood. Another reason I love my Garmin. :)

And to finish up on an even happier note, completing this week of C25K also means that I've exercised for 30 minutes three times this week. Hooray!

p.s. *in hushed tones* I am also loving having a good quality sports bra for running. Girls if you do anything that makes them, ahem, you know, not stay in place..you need to save up for a good sports bra. I don't even notice them anymore when I run, I feel safe and secure and don't have chest pain when it's all over. Woot! And for those who worry about these things...they don't look like you've taped yourself down with duct tape either. LOL

2 comments:

  1. lol...I think I need to look into a special bra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you were blogging again! So great to see you things are good with you. Congrats on the C25K. You can do it! I just finished week 9 a few weeks ago and am looking forward to trying out my newfound ability to run again on a 5K.

    ReplyDelete