"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, August 8, 2011

New Meals

Well, it has been fun trying some new meals this past couple of days. I think the hardest thing for me to get used to so far is the large breakfast, and colder breakfasts.

I have never really eaten yogurt for breakfast and already a few breakfasts called for yogurt. I'm eating them and enjoying some more than others. There was a breakfast parfait with yogurt, flax cereal, berries, almond slivers and honey all layered that was okay, but it was a lot of yogurt and berries for what I'm used to. However, I am really enjoyed yogurt over the waffle. That is yummy.

Tonight I served my family lamb chops with rice and a greek salad. They all loved it and I felt like a fancy cook. It was very nice!

As for hummus as a dip for veggies...I'm not liking that so much. I don't mind it as a sandwich spread, but not dip. At least not the spinach & artichoke one I was dipping my baby carrots in today. blech.

I'm looking forward to a few other recipes to try this week.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up Leah! Good for you for choosing a plan that works for you. It's always great to try new foods and add to your eats. I agree with you on the yogurt though, I have never been a fan and it's so hard for me to like it ;-).

    ReplyDelete