"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, August 19, 2011

Weigh-In ... Same Scale & New Victory

Today's Weight: 187 . 5
Loss/Gain: +/- 0
Total Loss So Far: - 43 . 5 lbs

Well, I am choosing to be content with the maintain this week. It is not a gain and for that I am grateful. I am exercising and drinking water again and slowly but surely I am getting to the place I need to be to see weight loss. I have not tracked my food 100%, so that is my goal for this upcoming week.

I do have a non-scale victory (NSV) to share from last night.

After dinner last night I pulled out a pack of Oreos for dessert for the kids. I wanted one, but I knew that I didn't really have calorie room for too much, nor did I need them. I settled on having one cookie, which I ate slowly, finishing it with a sip of my daughter's milk.

Off and on til bedtime I kept thinking about having another one, or having something else, but I knew I didn't need it. I wasn't hungry. We had eaten a very late dinner, so I only had an hour or so before bedtime and I knew I could make it without eating anything more.

Telling myself I didn't need it reminds me of a scripture I came across earlier this week in my Bible reading that is a go-to reminder for me in my weight loss journey... when I choose to follow the advice.

1 Corinthians 6:12 says:
"All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." NKJV

This includes food and not having more than one Oreo last night was a huge victory for me. I was not brought under the power of sweets. Glory!

2 comments:

  1. Praise God!!!
    I now, since reading it in 'Made to Crave", say this scripture (different version) over and over again in a day...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty awesome! I found your blog last night and find your posts so inspirational! You are doing an awesome job and winning these small battles is the way you win the war!

    ReplyDelete