"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Monday, August 15, 2011

My At-Home Gym

Here is my new at-home gym.


You too can have one of these cool gyms! All you need is:
  • one enclosed garage (preferably with back door and garage door cracked open for fresh air)
  • one dining table chair
  • one set 3-lb hand weights (I have multiple weight sets, but seeing as how I'm sooo out of shape this was good for today). Usually about $5- $10 a pair.
  • one jump rope purchased for $5 at Marshalls
  • one timer on cell phone (not pictured)
  • one printout of exercises to do. (2 core/strength moves followed by 1 min of cardio times 5 different circuits)
and last, but not least.....
  • one moving box to use as a yoga mat, because I forgot to buy one when I was at the store. :)
Yep, I had my daughter take a picture just so you could see my improv mat. LOL

**************

Today was my first workout circuit from the Jillian Michaels site I've joined recently. It kicked my butt and I don't mind telling you that doing jumping jacks and jumprope post childbirth is not fun..if you get my drift. sheesh.

Enough of that...so tomorrow morning I'll start week 3 of Couch to 5K. I'll run/walk three days a week and I'll do these circuit workouts two days a week for strength.

I will get back into shape again...I think I can...I think I can... :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your gym! If my husband ever gets his crap outta my side of the garage I'll have one just like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...when you must...IMPROVISE!! :) It's not even the 25th yet and you are getting back into it!! Way to Go!

    ReplyDelete