"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, August 20, 2011

C25K - Week 3 Day 3

I got up by 8:00 am this morning and finished week three of the Couch to 5K program. Whee ! The 3-minute runs were a little easier than the first day this week.

I'm finding it harder to keep my faster pace for longer than two minutes, but we'll see how it goes next week. Since I'm getting back into running after a two-month break I'll be content to be able to run for 30 minutes at a 12:00 mile pace by the end of this nine week program. However, I'm shooting for 11:30 if possible. :) We'll see.

After today's run I finished up my first full week of exercise which looked like this:


  • Sunday - Rest


  • Monday - Strength Training 1 hr (in the form of circuits in my at home gym, following a plan from JillianMichaels.com.)


  • Tuesday - Run 30 mins (in the form of Couch to 5K ... Week 3 Day 1)


  • Wednesday - Rest


  • Thursday - Run 30 mins (C25K Week 3 Day 2)


  • Friday - Strength 1 hr (Circuits in my at home gym)


  • Saturday - Run 30 mins (C25K Week 3 Day 3)


The scale may not have moved this week, but I've felt very good getting back into a regular exercise routine. I plan on sticking to this kind of schedule during the weeks ahead.



It's more of my "new normal" coming back and I love it!



p.s. My husband and I went to our first Officer's Ball at the base this evening and I did very well with my dinner. I had small portions (couple bites of each thing), lots of fresh fruit, and didn't leave feeling at all stuffed. Victory!



G'nite and enjoy the rest of the weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Wowee! You were very disciplined! Congrats on sticking to a challenging exercise program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't is crazy how just a little bit of rest from running will totally throw your game! Carazay! Yay for a GOOD week this week!

    ReplyDelete