I'm finding it harder to keep my faster pace for longer than two minutes, but we'll see how it goes next week. Since I'm getting back into running after a two-month break I'll be content to be able to run for 30 minutes at a 12:00 mile pace by the end of this nine week program. However, I'm shooting for 11:30 if possible. :) We'll see.
After today's run I finished up my first full week of exercise which looked like this:
- Sunday - Rest
- Monday - Strength Training 1 hr (in the form of circuits in my at home gym, following a plan from JillianMichaels.com.)
- Tuesday - Run 30 mins (in the form of Couch to 5K ... Week 3 Day 1)
- Wednesday - Rest
- Thursday - Run 30 mins (C25K Week 3 Day 2)
- Friday - Strength 1 hr (Circuits in my at home gym)
- Saturday - Run 30 mins (C25K Week 3 Day 3)
The scale may not have moved this week, but I've felt very good getting back into a regular exercise routine. I plan on sticking to this kind of schedule during the weeks ahead.
It's more of my "new normal" coming back and I love it!
p.s. My husband and I went to our first Officer's Ball at the base this evening and I did very well with my dinner. I had small portions (couple bites of each thing), lots of fresh fruit, and didn't leave feeling at all stuffed. Victory!
G'nite and enjoy the rest of the weekend!