"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Choose To Win

This morning I was feeling a little like, "Why even try to lose weight?". I did my devotions and then I literally told myself out loud, "I choose to win."

I will win at losing this extra weight.

I will win over feelings of inadequacy and frustration that can sometimes come with being a mom and wondering if you're doing things right.

I choose that I will win, period.

I didn't exactly feel better right at that moment. But as I got my kids up, readied myself for the day, took my kids to school and headed off to the gym I kept telling myself, "I will win. I'm not going to let my feelings get me down."

Now as I post I am feeling much better. I will continue on doing what I know to do in all aspects of my life, because in the end I will win.

7 comments:

  1. I love a winner! I think it's so important to tell yourself that you will succeed because the alternative is that you won't.

    You know how to lose weight so that's not the hard part. The hard part is in the staying committed and confident!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How was your workout?

    I wanted to zumba today but sick kid and husband away, so no go. Going to try to psych myself up for some hopping around via Netflix watch now... must... go... do... it

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great attitude to start the day! You have just motivated me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great attitude. What kind of devotions do you do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read my Bible and pray daily. I don't follow any specific devotion book or anything.

    I'm currently reading through Psalms. Almost skipped it since it seems to be something people read on the side, but decided if that's what I came up to, then God meant for me to read it.

    I'm amazed how many of the Psalms speak directly to whatever struggle or victory I'm experiencing that day. God knows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! God knows! He's lead me to so many readings over these last months, so I totally understand!
    You WILL win...there's no doubt about it. We both will : )

    ReplyDelete