"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful

First, I want to take a minute to thank each and every one of you that has stopped by my blog and left such encouraging comments. Blogging has been one of my greatest tools in reaching success in my weightloss journey. If people weren't responding I might not find it so helpful. :)

With Thanksgiving just around the corner - literally less than 24 hours away now - I can't help but think how blessed I am.

Here are some weight-related things I am thankful for:

I am no longer feeling helpless about my weight.
I am able to do things physically that I didn't think I could before.

I have my health and energy like never before.

I have met some very nice, supportive people through blogging that give me the support and direction I need to continue on down this journey.

I have seen close friends and family become super supportive of me in my weight loss no matter how slow it goes.

While I'd love to take credit for these wonderful blessings, I can't. I must take a minute to give thanks to Jesus for His saving grace and boundless love. I truly give Him credit for helping me to overcome my emotional issues that have contributed to my weight gain issues. He is my strength and high tower and I have been able to work through many things because His word has been faithful to speak to me in times of need.

I am a blessed woman, both by family and friends and now also in my health and I give all glory to God.

I pray you too can know the love that God so freely shares and find out that blessings can be yours also, no matter what your weight or current place in life.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Leah, it is great seeing the thankfulness going where it belongs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful how you share your faith through your blog Leah. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving together. I know you will be very blessed.

    You are supportive of other people in the blogging community too. I appreciate your support and comments every time I read them! I'll email you back in a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving following your journey and know how thankful you truly are! You're a great friend and I am truly thankful for your everlasting friendship! Take care on this precious day and know I'm cheering you on here in "sunny" Oregon (ha ha - it's currently raining.....so what else is new?!?!)

    ReplyDelete