"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Deliverance Is Coming!

What a busy weekend, and I just now have time to sit and blog and catch up on blogs. Whew!

Well, Saturday I started my cycle and the "old" me came out to have a large plate of Chinese food for lunch and then half of a chocolate-chocolate chip Sam's club muffin for dessert. I didn't even care. I wanted that chocolate and I was going to have some. However, later in the evening I was busy cleaning up my craft area up in our kids' playroom and I came down to inform my husband that the kids could have leftovers or sandwhiches or something for dinner, but I wasn't going to prepare anything. I still wasn't hungry after that large lunch and neither was he, so he was fine with that.

I wasn't hungry. I didn't want dinner. huh???

I ended up going to bed having only an 8 oz. cup of V8 Fusion juice and water the rest of the evening.

This was definitely not the old me way of doing things. The old me would've eaten all that, been slightly full later and still sat down and had dinner on top of it all and then probably more chocolate.

Had I not been so tired I wanted to post about it that same night. I was so excited that food didn't sound good even though it was dinnertime again, and because I was still slightly full and it didn't sound good I DIDN'T EAT. Glory! :)

Well, this happened two more days. I had a full-sized lunch both Sunday and Monday and then had something chocolate later in the day. When the evening came around and I wasn't really hungry I just had a light snack instead of another meal and all was good.

Now, this morning I told myself, "No more chocolate muffins. I know you're feeling like chocolate and Pepsi is the only thing that you want right now, but it's really not and you need to stop." So, I've done fine today. Back on track with only about 5-6 M&Ms after dinner tonight for a sweet treat.

I don't want to ramble too much, but suffice it to say that I am very excited with this change in my thinking. To know that I could allow myself something my body was craving and then not eat later, no.. not even desire to eat later, because I was still full is so amazing to me. Praise God! I can see the the light of deliverance beginning to dawn on my life and I'm so glad!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome rung you have reached in your climb up this ladder. It feels good to beat food, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete