"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Hot 100 - Day 1


I, Leah Gonzalez, am going to accept this challenge and do my best to reach the goals that I have set for myself.

I've decided to set up my goals by month. This gives me a little something to look forward to each month. My goals are also going to be scale-based and emotional-based each month.

As of today I have lost 15.5 pounds over the past four months. This is better than the 20-pound gain I saw six months prior to that, but I feel it's time to step things up a bit. I will implement good, regular exercise and adjust my eating to help me reach these goals.

So, here goes!

Hot 100 Goals for October:
Scale Goal: See any kind of a weight loss by the time my mother-in-law leaves, which should be by the end of this month.
Emotional Goal: Not get offended when my mother-in-law offers a comment she thinks will help me with my "diet". She hasn't made more than maybe two in a week, but I found myself getting angry right away. Yet, when I thought more on it...she was right. Ouch.

Hot 100 Goals for November:
Scale Goal: Reach my first scale goal of 199 by Thanksgiving. That is losing 15 pounds between now and then.
Emotional Goal: Learn how to stay on track while my mother visits the week of Thanksgiving and not feel bad about it. I tend to not want to make her feel bad with my losing weight. I've told her this and she is most encouraging, but it's still rough for me.

Hot 100 Goals for December:
Scale Goal: Lose at least 5 pounds during December, also known as the highest weight-gain season of the year and baking time!!!
Emotional Goal: Enjoy the holidays without feeling obligated to eat or taste everything. Learn that I don't have to feel like I'm missing out or deprived just because I choose to say no to licking the batter spoon every time or eating 3 cookies every time I bake.

My twin daughters' birthday is December 31st. So I hope to reach these goals and not only celebrate their birth that day, but a new leg in my journey towards a healthier, happier ending.

4 comments:

  1. I ran into your blog at Log My Loss. I like it! Hope you don't mind if I link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larkspur - I would be honored to have you link me to your blog! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah, I love your goals, and totally understand why the emotional ones are important. I admire you being able to tolerate MIL for 6 weeks. That is tough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's so smart that you broke your goals into food and emotions. I know firsthand that the two are linked in my mind!

    Your goals are attainable and you are strong enough to get them done! Congratulations on accepting the challenge.

    ReplyDelete