"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sharing is Caring

I've been meaning to post about this for a while. It's another new aspect of my weight loss journey that surprises me a little, but is a great thing.

I share more.

Yes, I share. Oh, I've never really been a greedy person. I love to give gifts, bake for people, volunteer, etc. etc. However, in the past I've had my stashes of candy and treats put away because I didn't want anyone else to eat them.

If it wasn't a stash of sweets, then it was my large dessert that I didn't want to share with my kids or anyone. I might give them a bite, but actually that's why I would order the large - so there would be plenty for me to have after giving each of them a bite.

This has changed. Now I share my food without feeling like I'm giving away my firstborn. I even share my low-cal treats if they ask for a taste.

I'm not letting them eat all of my food, or have their way in taking over my plate, but sharing food is a big deal for me. It's another chain in my bondage to food that is breaking and I'm so grateful for it.

2 comments:

  1. I love the "I share my food without feeling like I'm giving away my firstborn!" I used to feel the same way Leah. I'd make extra food so I would be able to have more. I think it's wonderful that you have gotten to the point where you are not thinking about how much cake you can have, but rather just enjoying having a bit guilt free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! What's amazing is the aspects of discovery that you are going through and almost every day, there's something new you're discovering about yourself. WTG. As we've talked about - it's amazing to finally be in-tune with "you" and really listen to what's going on. Some things are harder than others - believe me. I'm doing that now with just "me" and those ugly things inside!! Good for you Leah.

    ReplyDelete