"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Friday, September 11, 2009

Is It a New Week Yet?


I just have to get this off of my chest.... (Pam, you're not the only one with weigh-in-eve nerves..)


.... I will be glad when my weigh-in is over tomorrow morning and can get on with a new week. I'll be surprised if I don't have a gain. I haven't eaten like the old me would've during TOM, but I haven't been on track either. I think I subconsciously stayed away from veggies this week because I wanted sweets. It's usually chocolate and "real" soda that I always want. "Real" soda is just getting too sweet for me anymore, but the chocolate cravings were as strong as ever. Sheesh!

My last bit of "bad" eating was that I used my Starbucks gift card for a Non-Fat White Mocha (no whip cream) after lunch today (light veggie chicken tortilla soup, fiberone yogurt and a tangerine) because I seriously felt like I might as well have this treat. After the week I've had I don't think it's going to make that much more of a difference. I've been wanting a Starbucks treat for a while and since I had a gift card I just went for it.

To end on a happier note, I am proud that I got at least 30 minutes of good, solid exercise in 4 days this week. In fact, this afternoon I caught up with a teacher doing laps in the school gym and accepted her offer to finish her walk with her. That added another 15-20 minutes of brisk walking to my workout today. Plus, tonight I chose to have some chicken tortilla soup and only one soft taco at Taco Bueno for dinner tonight instead of everything else I kind of wanted.

So, I think my cravings have all been filled for this month and now I'm feeling back into the swing of things. I'll weigh-in tomorrow, face the music and get on with my day and the rest of my weight loss journey. It aint over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment