"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Weigh-In ... More Fiber,Please

Today's Weight: 214.5
Loss/Gain: +/- 0 ... maintain
Total Loss So Far: - 16.5 lbs.

I was a bit sad that I wasn't down this week, because I've exercised regularly and I've been careful about my eating. My eating has been fine portion-wise, but I noticed earlier in the week that I hadn't been eating that many vegetables. Looking over my food journal I noticed it was true the entire week. There were hardly any fruits and vegetables in my week. I won't go into too much, but let's suffice it to say that a good dose of apple juice and high-fiber something right before bed last night would probably have helped my weigh-in today since I also had a good helping of white rice in my dinner last night and not one fruit or vegetable yesterday. I know I shouldn't try and "trick" the scale. So, instead, I will work on getting in more fruits and vegetables this week, because I learned today that it does make a difference.

3 comments:

  1. It's kind of funny how you don't realize what you're putting into your diet, until you actually take a look at it. I do that too, where I think, "Oh wow. Guess I should be eating more fruits and vegetables, but I've been eating relatively healthy." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a sign of a person who is going to be successful in losing weight and keeping it off is constant analysis of what is being done and how effective it is. I love reading when someone looks back over their week to see if they did something a little off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's interesting too how you really are analyzing what you need to change on a weekly and even daily basis.

    I'll bet you will have a bit loss next week - that's what usually happened to me. I'd stay the same, and then all of a sudden I'd see a 3 pound drop!

    ReplyDelete