"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sweetness

I'm having a better morning today, but I have to be honest and tell you that last night before bed I told my husband, "Well, I think I've managed to finish off all the chocolate in the house."

It wasn't a LOT, it was all actually a few"on plan" treats that I keep for myself, about 15 M&Ms, a tangerine and pretzels. Though it was all "on plan" I know they aren't meant to be eaten all in the same evening. I'm a little embarrassed now about it, but last night I just laughed and honestly didn't really care. I knew that today was a new day.

Then my husband tells me, "I noticed your new capris when you came to the dental school today." with a sweet smile on his face. I just grinned sheepishly.

Yes, even though my emotions were a little high-strung yesterday I was reminded that have lost 16.5 pounds already and I work out regularly, and he was kind enough to tell me that he noticed.

Love dat man! He's so sweet.


2 comments:

  1. I honestly don't think you did too bad, judging from what you have said. You are right to laugh it off.

    Getting a compliment like that from your husband is great. We guys are notoriously bad for not noticing things like we should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good hubby he is! I think it's great that he compliments you! I can tell from the tone of your post that today was a better day for you!

    15 M&M's? That's nothing to be ashamed of! When I had to clean out my house of chocolate it would have been 15 bags of M&M's!!

    ReplyDelete