"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Run, Run, Run

I read this today on a digital scrapbooking newsletter I receive and thought it definitely worth sharing with everyone who is working on losing weight, maintaining weight or attempting any area of change in their life.

It encouraged me and I hope it encourages you also.


Run, Run, Run!

New paths interest me. I never know what lessons I will learn as I travel them.

Recently, I discovered a walking path that circles the local high school. The first time I walked it, I realized that I had arrived in time to see student summer activities underway. As I turned the bend around the back of the school, I heard the football team yell as they hit the ground during pushups. I saw a freshman being tutored by a senior in the proper manner to serve a tennis ball. I saw the girls' tennis team gathered around their coach. I saw the band practicing marching routines as they slowly counted to eight. I saw the flag team attempt to twirl their flags in unison.

Engrossed in the activities on the grass, I recalled my own high school years and remembered warm summer mornings practicing routines, cheers and music. It was such an innocent time.

Suddenly, my mind snapped forward. I saw a middle-aged woman round the bend of the track, followed by a large pack of girls. As they hit the straight-away, some of them started to call out, "Come on. You can do it. Don't give up now. You're almost there. Don't quit fighting. You can do it! Run. Run. Run!"

A few girls sped up as the cheers rang in the air. Other girls trotted along with their friends, barely breaking a sweat. Trotting behind the pack, with gritted teeth, ran a small group of girls. They were red. They were hot. They were struggling and yet, they ran on.

"Yes," I thought. "Run! Run! You can do it. Don't quit fighting. Don't give up now. You're almost there."

We all face obstacles. We all have challenges. We all experience trials and tests. The thing we must remember when we are in the middle of them is that we must keep trying. Just think how good it would be, if we are tempted to give up, to cheer ourselves on with the wisdom heard on a high school track.

Don't give up. Don't quit fighting. You'll get there eventually. Run. Run. Run!

- Ro


No comments:

Post a Comment