"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mind over matter (puff..wheeze..puff..)

Yesterday I decided to do one of my 4-mile walking workouts for the first time.  It was hard, but not so bad.  I worked out and was happy that I made it through seemingly unscathed.  However, that and 8 loads of laundry, plus going through every piece of clothing my kids own made for a very sore mommy before bed last night.

I felt okay this morning and when it came time to workout I decided to go ahead with a 3-mile workout.  I regretted it immediately.... OUCH!!!  

I was okay when I was just walking around the house or sitting at the computer, but as soon as I started working out I was reminded of what I did yesterday.  

Oh, the pain!!  I wanted to quit.  But I didn't.  I kept thinking, "Soon, I'm going to start doing at least 4 miles a day for 5 days a week (the summer workout thing), so I'd better get used to this."  

But I was dying.  

I felt like the obese people at the beginning of "The Biggest Loser" seasons when they are sweating and the trainers are yelling at them and they cry.  Well, maybe it wasn't that bad, but I was picturing them and thanking the Lord I wasn't doing that much, because this was killing me.

I kept thinking, "It's all in your head.   You can do this."  I've heard getting your mind to focus is half the battle.  I can believe it now because I kept thinking of things to do to stop working out.  I finally stopped to use the bathroom and kept imagining Bob or Jillian yelling at me through the door to quit being a wimp and get back out there.  LOL !!!  

So, I finished the workout.  It felt a little easier by the time I was done, but I'm telling you what...I'm already going to have to psyche myself up for this more intense summer workout, because today my body just wanted to quit and this was only two hard workouts in a row.  

1 comment:

  1. It'll get easier each time you do it and then you'll look back and say "I really thought that was hard???? What was I thinking!!!" But until then, keep the imagery of Bob and Jillian going and maybe it'll help motivate you!!! Keep it up lady - I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete