"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Weigh-In Day

One of my best friends has started working on her own weight loss journey, so we decided to weigh-in on the same day so we can compare our progress together.   

So, here's my weigh-in stats for this week.  

Today's weight:  228.0
That is up 1/2 lb. from Tuesday morning. 

My reaction:  I cried.  I've worked out a lot this week and I was sure it would be at least down a pound or so.  I'm not sure what's up and I'll admit I wanted to quit right then.  

However, I know this is a long-term journey and I can't let the scale ruin my day, so I have to make myself keep going and keep my chin up.

My husband weighed himself today also and he is also up a half of a pound.  

I'm hoping it's because my muscles are toning.  I'm afraid maybe I didn't eat enough, but who knows.  

I just need to step away from this for today and try to get my happy face back on.  I know deep down it will come off, but I'm a little vexed at the moment. 

1 comment: