"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Non-Scale Victory

I have to share this...

Yesterday we went on an all-day outreach handing out fliers to invite people to a free christian concert we were supporting in the evening.  Not including the time spent hanging around waiting to get going, etc. we spent about 2 1/2  hours walking around neighborhoods handing out fliers door to door.  It was HOT and HUMID and there were some hills to walk up and over.  However...[drum roll please] .... my legs didn't hurt at all from all the walking.  Not one bit!!!  I was only miserable because of the heat and humidity, but not because I was too tired of the walking.  The soles of my feet were a little sore, but I think it's because I need new tennis shoes and that's it.  (well, and because I'm still carrying around too much extra weight)

I told Freddy that I think I wasn't sore at all because I've been working out and walking daily.  I have a feeling that a year ago I would've been really sore in my legs from all that walking and standing.  He agreed.  

So, that was encouraging.  I'm still carrying a lot of extra weight around, but my body it becoming more fit and some things that would have been hard for me are getting a little easier.  Yay!!  

1 comment:

  1. Hot and Humid.....I could not do!! YUCK. I applaud you for walking in that kind of weather.

    Power on sister....lol

    ReplyDelete