"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Let Freedom Ring! - Day 6 & Happy 4th!!


free·dom : 1 : the quality or state of being free: as a : the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another

in·de·pen·dence : the quality or state of being independent.

in·de·pen·dent : 1 : not dependent: as a (1) : not subject to control by others : b (1) : not requiring or relying on something else : (2) : not looking to others for one's opinions or for guidance in conduct

Looking on the definitions offered by Merriam-Webster for these words I am more and more inspired by how these terms can be related to our weight loss journeys. Some of you agree and have shared your thoughts with us.

Steve said:
Freedom from a life shortened through unhealthy living.

Independence from those self-imposed limits I have lived with most of my life - self-imposed because they were my fault, limits because they truly limited me.


Losing weight will mean I will have the freedom from these insecurities that plague me. My weight is constantly on my mind, I think of my fat and my diet all the time. I can not wait for that freedom.


Christine said:
To me freedom in my weight loss journey is knowing that the power of the addiction has been broken by the power of the Lord Jesus and the only strength it has on me now is the strength I give it.


Nancy said:
I've found the biggest freedom in losing weight is the freedom in my head. I'm free from many of the negative voices that plagued me before. I'm happy when I eat. If I mess up, I know I'll recover quickly. I'm even free from the tyranny of food. What tempted me before doesn't even appeal any more. I can pass up almost anything.


And I'd like to finish it up by saying:
Among the above mentioned ideas, which all can be applied to my life as well, I have begun to find freedom from feelings of failure. Losing 30 pounds so far has shown me that I can make changes for the better. I am capable. I am not a failure. I can believe in myself to become the healthier Leah I've always wished I could be.
I can also reach these goals independently of what others think I should or should not be doing. I can adopt certain aspects of different plans and it's okay. If they work together for the greater good of seeing my health improve, then that is alright.

Thank you everyone for coming with me on this patriotic journey this week. Even if you just came to humor me, I appreciate it. I've enjoyed every comment you've left. I wish you all a safe and enjoyable 4th of July! One more time....

LET FREEDOM RING!!!
Not only for our great United States of America, but for each one of us in our health as well.

2 comments:

  1. I love the quotes and the thoughts. Thanks for letting me be a part.

    Have a great 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the patriotic journey Leah! You are very creative and smart to put this all together!

    I hope you and your family had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete