"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Maintaining and Goals

I still haven't figured out exactly what day I'm going to post my "past 7 day average" of weight, but I thought I'd check in today and let you know that my average over the last week is ...

199.5 .

Same as last week. Considering the 4th of July brownies and deviled eggs, er, food and TOM I'm content with maintaining.

I've decided that my in-the-back-of-my-mind goal is to shoot for losing five pounds each month. This is not set in stone, but I know that if I can simply lose that much each month I'll do better than 30 pounds over the next year.

Having said that, on rough days I think to myself, "If you only lose another 30 pounds this year, you'll have lost 60 and will only need one more year to reach your healthy weight of 140." I figure either way I'll win. :)

So, I will keep working towards my main goal of eating when hungry, stopping at satisfied, keeping moving and I think this will help the scale go down in the process.

6 comments:

  1. One step at a time. That's how it's done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone ("Anonymous") calculated for me last month that if lose 6 ounces a day, I will lose 60 (?) pounds by my next birthday. I thought, "WOW. Only 6 ounces. That seems so doable." It would be more doable if I didn't eat the giant marshmallow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea Leah. Posting a weekly weight average. I need to think this over, but it might be a better way to get a true picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great attitude! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's a great plan. It's not about how fast, but whether or not you get there! Good job on the maintenance over the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very doable plan. I find it is always better to look at little picture. The big picture can be so frustrating! Good job on maintaining over a holiday.

    ReplyDelete