"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Plodding Along

So, yesterday I blogged and had nothing spectacular to report. I was even feeling a little "blah" because I had no great accomplishment to share. Then I got to thinking...

This is exactly what I've been wanting in my weight loss journey. I want to come to a place in my life where food is not taking over every thought, every aspect of my day. I want to reach the place where planning meals and grocery shopping are just a normal part of the week, but where my thoughts are not consumed with thinking about stopping in the kitchen for a snack every time I pass by it.

As unexciting as it may seem on a day-to-day basis it's exactly what I want and need.

Also, I looked over some posts from last July (2009) and I was encouraged. I may feel like I'm plodding along in my weight loss journey lately, but in reality I'm doing pretty good. A year ago I had lost some and then gained until I was down to a -6 lbs loss, and I was struggling with the idea of eating healthier. I seriously didn't want to cook healthy. I was dealing with emotional junk and taking baby steps, but I refused to really dive into a new lifestyle.

Now I'm down 30 pounds and I'm looking for new ideas on how to cook fresh veggies and meats to provide healthier meals for both me and my family.

I guess I'm plodding along rather nicely after all. :)

1 comment:

  1. Nothing at all wrong with plodding along in the right direction! I think that's one of the best things about blogging your journey - you have a concrete record of how far you have come!

    ReplyDelete