"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Update

Christmas Break in our home means that everyone is home from school, including my wonderful husband. This means that I have to share the computer and so, I haven't been able to blog as much as normal. :)

Just a little update is that I have made it to the gym Monday through Wednesday this week for 30 minutes each day on the elliptical. Well, yesterday I had to use the recumbent bike because the elliptical was being used. The gym is closed now until Monday. We thought about going to the gym together at the military base, but woke up to ice today, so we may stay in. I will have to do a DVD if I want to exercise.

I've continued to bake cookies and only had one or two for the entire day each day. Even when I felt like munching on chocolate I limited myself to counting out 10 M&Ms. I'm pretty sure I've been eating beyond full during dinner each night, so that is at the top of my "to work on" list for future weeks.

Honestly, I've felt pretty proud of my endeavors, but I'm a little frustrated as well.

I weighed myself on Monday after my weekend out of town and I had maintained my loss last week. Then both yesterday and today I weighed myself and I was up 1.5 pounds.

ARGH!!!!!

I should've just not looked at the scale until after the holiday, because it's threatening to ruin my mood. However, I'm making up my mind to just keep plugging along, because I've been planning for a few weeks that after Christmas it's back to weight-loss normal for me.

So, it's been a crazy, busy week, but I'm enjoying myself immensely and now I'm ready for the big day tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Stay off the scale! You are doing a great job of controlling yourself around all the sweets. And like you said in your response to me the other day, I like how you are dealing realistically with all the events and family meals that come up this time of year! Very wise.

    I hope that you and your family have a blessed Christmas. My little boys are bouncing off the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah, I know you already know this, but I will remind you - weight can fluctuate daily. If you haven't done something that should cause that kind of gain, it is probably just a "normal" fluctuation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Diane, I'll stay off the scale.
    And, yes, Steve, you're right. I do know that.

    Thanks for stopping by you two and for your reminders and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete