"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hot 100 Final Update


My December goals were:

Scale Goal: Lose at least 5 pounds during December, also known as the highest weight-gain season of the year and baking time!!!
Emotional Goal: Enjoy the holidays without feeling obligated to eat or taste everything. Learn that I don't have to feel like I'm missing out or deprived just because I choose to say no to licking the batter spoon every time or eating 3 cookies every time I bake.

Well, I did not lose the 5 pounds I wanted to, but considering that I handled food so much better this year than in the past I'm not bothered by that.

I totally met my emotional goal and am thrilled with that. I allowed myself just one or two cookies AFTER they were baked and ready and not once did I munch on cookie dough or frosting or cookies along the baking trail.

I've tried to be upset that I didn't make my Hot 100 main goal of reaching 199 and losing 5 pounds during the month of December, but I just can't. I'm pleased that I've overcome my emotional goals. I know I've really made some good steps in dealing with food around family and special occasions and that's encouraging.

I'm looking forward to another challenge coming up and I hope you'll join me as I continue down my weight loss journey.

1 comment:

  1. Leah, I think it is a sign of real growth when you can look at what you did, instead of what you could have/should have done. What you did was make some big strides and lay a foundation that is going to take you in to a great new year. You learned things about yourself, and you solidified the decision that this will happen.

    ReplyDelete