"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hot 100 - November Results (Update #7)


My goals for month two of the Hot 100 Challenge were as follows:

My Hot 100 November Goals:
Scale Goal: Reach my first scale goal of 199 by Thanksgiving. That is losing 15 pounds between now and then.
Emotional Goal: Learn how to stay on track while my mother visits the week of Thanksgiving and not feel bad about it. I tend to not want to make her feel bad with my losing weight. I've told her this and she is most encouraging, but it's still rough for me.

Scale Goal: No. I did not reach 199 by Thanksgiving. As I mentioned in my month progress pics post I am a bit upset with this. I am buckling down to see if I can reach this by the end of the challenge.

Emotional Goal: YES! I did not gain any weight while my mom was visiting. I was even encouraged to see a change in her eating habits as well. We enjoyed eating out at some restaurants she really likes out here, but all food was enjoyed in moderation. She actually mentioned that she would like to get a treadmill so she can do some walking again. This is a great encouragement to me. She was also supportive, as always, and didn't make any comments if I wanted to eat less. It was a very good week!

So, while I was hoping to really be kicking some butt by now in this challenge I am learning things and making some progression. As I posted yesterday, I am trying to work on being content. It is not easy at all to stop eating when satisfied, but I'm determined to really work on that this next month.

My goals for December are:

Hot 100 Goals for December:
Scale Goal: Lose at least 5 pounds during December, also known as the highest weight-gain season of the year and baking time!!!
Emotional Goal: Enjoy the holidays without feeling obligated to eat or taste everything. Learn that I don't have to feel like I'm missing out or deprived just because I choose to say no to licking the batter spoon every time or eating 3 cookies every time I bake.

Had I reached by 199 lbs by now losing five more would've put me at 194 lbs. I kind of doubt I'll see that kind of a loss, but we'll see. I will lose those five pounds, and if I make it to 199 I'll definitely be happy!

Yesterday I decided to cut out sweets except for one day a week during this next month. I think this will help me be more careful about not eating too many. So far I'm okay on that this week. :)

So, here goes for the last month of the challenge. I look forward to seeing some results this month. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. LUCK!!

    Looks like good goals for the month. Maybe I should try the one day a week where I can have a sweets. Maybe then I won't feel so deprived.

    Keep at it. It is tough but, you WILL reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! I do wish you luck. It's so hard for me, too, to stop eating when I'm not hungry, and the best part of baking is licking the spoon. I'm impressed that you actually have cookies as a finished product...I usually eat the batter. (Sigh). I'm trying to figure this out, too. we are all here rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great goals and I really like the idea of limiting your sweets to once a week. I often did things like that on my journey as well.

    You are doing so well, and it sounds like you are learning along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What helped me during the holidays was to say to myself, "I've had this before and I'll have it again, so I don't need to eat it right now."

    ReplyDelete