"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Anonymous

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Listening To My Body

After mentioning the other day that I really would like to get down to 199 by New Years I've been stressing a little about how to go about it.

What plan should I follow?
What should I/shouldn't I eat?
Should I start some intense workouts?

On and on...

I was beginning to stress out about it all. Then I realized that I need to do what worked for me the week of Thanksgiving and in times past.

Listen to my body. Eat in moderation. Stop eating when full. Make sure to get some exercise in.

"The problem with that", I argued with myself, "is that I can't guarantee I'll lose 8.5 pounds."

hhmm.... But is that really the long term goal here? I mean, the short term goal is good and something I can still work towards, but will it all be a failure if I don't make it?

Nope.

The long term goal is to buy a dress for my husband's graduation in May 2011 in the regular sizes section of a store. It is also to feel better and have more energy, and for me what has worked the best is listening to my body.

Now, obviously and honestly I haven't been doing that. It's something I'm really working on right now. I am noticing regularly that my body does tell me when it's had enough. I've just been ignoring it.

Time to stop ignoring and start listening. Deep inside I think this is what will work best for me.

5 comments:

  1. Listening to our bodies is the key.

    I just came to the realization last night while stressing and being frustrated about my yo-yo weight that, I have been over eating.

    At work, we need to practically inhale our meals due to lack of break time. Eating this fast does not allow our bodies time to tell us when we have had enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really important to listen to our bodies, and also think about our long term goals. Your long term goal of looking fabulous in a great smaller sized dress is perfect. (Didn't you like how I described that dress?)

    With the dress, you are focusing not just on weight but rather on the whole package!

    You have all the tools you need Leah! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm facing the fact I need to listen to my body. Oh, how many times I stuff food into my mouth although I know I've had enough! Sometimes I don't even like it (too greasy, etc).
    " I've just been ignoring it." Me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you can meet your 2011 goal... and that will be lovely! Wish I'd been in a 12 for my husband's--- I think it was an 18. O well, he was plumper then too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your goal. I'm sure that you will make it. Be careful with over exercising...that can do more harm than good. Good luck.

    I enjoy reading your blog. Please stop by mine and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete